Your ATA Carnet

supplied by Film & TV specialists

In a hurry? Rapid response same day service available

We specialise in Carnets for the film & tv industry

Welcome to Carnets by Media Training Hub.  We are a unique combination of technical expertise and film production knowledge.

Media Training Hub founder, Eric Huyton is a documentary cameraman with over 30 years experience of travelling the world with filming equipment and has used the ATA Carnet system many, many times. He has a deep understanding of what it takes to prepare a Carnet, sometimes at very short notice, and how it works in practice as you travel across international borders.

We've teamed up with Boomerang Carnets UK who have decades of experience in providing Carnets to the Film & Television industry and most other business sectors as well. 

We are in a unique position to offer service and advice based on our combined knowledge and experience. We understand what it takes to organise a filming trip and the ATA Carnet is an essential part of that process.

Talk to us about your next Carnet and we'll help you every step of the way.

Apply online
Get a quote

Talk to us about:

  • How to format your General List
  • What to include
  • What to leave out
  • How to value your items
  • Help with your vouchers
  • Raising your security bond
  • How to fill in your carnet document
  • Getting the best value for money from your Carnet
  • What to do if your Carnet is lost, stolen or destroyed


Decades of overseas travel with filming equipment

Get advice


Technical expertise & advice from Boomerang Carnets

Ask a question


Same day delivery service available

Get a quote

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I need an ATA Carnet?

If you're travelling overseas with equipment and your trip includes an ATA Carnet member country then you should definitely use a Carnet. It allows for temporary import / export without being charged import duty & tax. Learn more

Which countries require an ATA Carnet?

There are 87 countries and territories that are members of the ATA Carnet convention. See a full list here:

What happens after Brexit?

You can use an ATA Carnet to take goods from the UK into the European Union without being charged import duty & tax. You need the carnet only when you enter or leave the EU but not when moving from one  EU member state to another.

What does an ATA Carnet cost?

A basic set up and processing fee of £244.90. Plus a security bond premium which depends on the value of your goods, where you're going and what you're carrying.

What is a security bond?

Your Carnet is backed up by a security bond which guarantees that foreign customs will receive any tax due in the event of a claim. Learn more

How quickly can I get my Carnet?

At Media Training Hub Carnets, we offer a same day delivery service for applications made before 12 noon.

How long is a Carnet valid for?

A Carnet issued in the UK is always valid for 12 months and can be used multiple times. Learn more

Where can I get advice & help?

You can read a detailed guide to Carnets here. Or just call us on +44 7799628316

Eric Huyton

30 years travel experience as a Documentary Cameraman

Louise Heren

Producer, Writer, Safety advisor, Ex.  Production Manager at BBC

Curt Wilson

Managing Director at

 Boomerang Carnets UK

Kiel Ursin

Carnet Specialist at

 Boomerang Carnets UK

In partnership with